Couples and Individuals who are having trouble getting pregnant can meet with our doctors who can perform various fertility tests to diagnose infertility problems and recommend the appropriate course of fertility treatment.
The first step in obtaining infertility therapy is Proper history taking followed by fertility testing. There are many reasons why couples or individuals have trouble conceiving, including; male and female factors.
Male factors such as low sperm volume, low sperm count, low sperm motility and more importantly poor sperm morphology. Male erectile dysfunction, male hormonal imbalance, Infectious disease, genetic factors and abnormalities in reproductive organs and varicocele may be the contributing factors in male infertility
Female contributing factor may include; Hormonal imbalance, lack of proper ovulation, anatomical anomalies, uterine factors, immunological deficiencies, endometriosis and infection diseases, biological aging and genetic factors.
Only comprehensive fertility testing can isolate the problem and allow our doctors to suggest appropriate courses of treatment.
Therefore some of these tests are:
- Semen Analysis by World Health Organization (WHO) technique and Kruger Strict Morphology Criteria
- Semen Culture
- Comprehensive Male Hormonal Profile if needed
- Ultrasound analysis of male genitalia and Doppler blood flow study
- Comprehensive Female Hormonal Profile
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) or Hyesterosonogram
- Assessment Uterine factors
- Endometriosis work up
- Possible immunological factors
- Ultrasound testing of Pelvic organs and Doppler blood flow study
Whether you’re looking for information on what kinds of tests to expect, or for advice on how to prepare for infertility testing, our knowledgeable team will help you every step of the way