What Is Egg Freezing?
Human oocyte cryopreservation (egg freezing) is in which a woman’s eggs (oocytes) are extracted, frozen and stored until you are ready to start a family. This is also known as fertility preservation.
Later, the eggs can be thawed, fertilized, and transferred to the uterus as embryos. Officially known as oocyte cryopreservation, freezing eggs is a much more difficult procedure than freezing either sperm or embryos. Women’s eggs are made up of tissue that is much more delicate and likely to be damaged during the thawing process. Because female egg quality declines with age, the older the woman, the poorer health her eggs are likely to be in, therefore, getting pregnant after 40 becomes more difficult a women gets.
Egg freezing offers a number of benefits for women who want to increase fertility. Women only produce a certain number of eggs over the course of a lifetime, so women can preserve their eggs for a time that best suits them. Older women are more at risk of having children with genetic defects, so egg freezing ensures that they have a healthy set of eggs to conceive with.
How Egg Freezing Works
- Ovarian Stimulation with medication designed to produce multiple eggs
- Egg Retreival. Same day , quick & painless procedure lasting about 1-3 hours
- Identify which eggs are the healthiest candidates to be frozen
- Oocyte cryopreservation by removing water from eggs and bathed in antifreeze solution
- Frozen eggs are then stored in tubes in a liquid nitrogen tank
Am I A Candidate For Egg Freezing?
- Wish to pursue a career or an education before starting a family
- Have been diagnosed with cancer or other serious medical conditions and must undergo chemotherapy and other treatments
- Have had not had success with hormone therapy injections
- Women with a family history of early menopause or endometriosis
Our institute, which has been voted for having the best fertility doctors in NYC, perfected the science and the art of successfully freezing human eggs for the purpose of preserving them for future attempts at pregnancy . Your eggs are carefully stored on premises in our state-of-the-art cryobank. We look forward to working with you in your quest to preserve the well being of your eggs and the future of your reproductive potential.
Why New York Fertility Egg Freezing Is Different
Premium Media for Preparation
Premium Media for Washing
Premium Media for Freezing
Premium Media for Thawing
One point-of-contact from retrieval to successful conception
30+ Years Fertilization Expertise
Brand X Fertility Clinic
Low-Grade Media for Preparation
Low-Grade Media for Washing
Low-Grade Media for Freezing
Low-Grade Media for Thawing
Older / Basic Equipment
Multiple people + off-site centers handling eggs